Best Baby Bottle Sterilizers Review – 2020 Guide
Baby bottle sterilizer is considered most important so far as baby’s health and feeding is concerned. Here is our guide to the best baby bottle sterilizers review.
Best Baby Bottle Sterilizers of 2020:
Best Value For Money :Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer – Read More
Best Electric Sterilizer and Dryer Combo: Wabi Baby Electric Steam Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer . Read More
Best Electric Sterilizer: Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer. Read More
Best Microwave Sterilizer: Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer. Read More
Best Budget Option: Cuisinart CS-6 Baby Bottle Sterilizer. Read More
Best UV Sterilizer and Dryer Combo: Wabi Baby Touch Panel Dual Function UV Sterilizer & Dryer. Read More
Best Portable Sterilizer for Travel: Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer. Read More
Best Steam Bag for Sterilization: Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags. Read More
All our research and experience of using several baby bottle sterilizer is listed in this page.
But if you are in a hurry…here’s our recommendation for best baby bottle sterilizer in 2020. Yes, it is on the expensive side, but it helps to sterilize following in one go in 15 minutes
- 6 nursing bottles
- 2 pair of pump flange kits
- 2 small bowls and lids
- 5 spoons
- 3 teethers
- 2 mini container cupsAnd complete drying of the baby bottles takes another 45 minutes and I’m all done for the day
Quick comparison table between top rated bottle sterilizers in 2020
Different Types of Baby Bottle Sterilizer
Bacteria, viruses and other microbes are a fact of life. Whether you are breastfeeding and only express milk occasionally, you will at some point use bottles with removable silicone teats, breast pump, pacifier, and feeding accessories—an icky haven for dangerous germs and microbes. While it may not be the most sensational product to buy for a new baby, parents particularly new Moms know precisely the importance of bottle sterilizers in eliminating these disease-causing microorganisms.
Though some bacteria may be beneficial to a baby’s developing immune system, there are life threatening ones lurking right at the very things a baby is exposed to. This is why regular sterilization of baby stuff particularly feeding materials come highly recommended by medical professionals and experienced parents.
Today, there are three types of sterilizers available for the convenience of busybodies—electric, microwave, and UV technology.
Best Value For Money
Like most bottle warmers and sterilizers, this is also made of plastic. And it isn’t exactly the most expensive one in the list. The plastic used is safe and completely BPA free. Add to that the fact that this is published under the Philips AVENT name – and you know you have an excellent product so far as baby safety and care is concerned. And just because it is a bottle sterilizer doesn’t mean that you cannot sterilize other bottle accessories in it.
In fact, you can use this to sterilize all the supplies – the bottles, the bottle collars, the nipples, the pacifier and even the teething ring if you so want.
Anything that you want to clean before allowing your baby to put in his or her mouth – you can put in this and run for the pre-programmed six minute sterilization cycle.
You can also sterilize your breast pump in this. The height of the sterilizer is adjustable to different sizes so that it is the right size for whatever you want to sterilize.
Let’s take a look at why parents have been choosing this over the others:
- It is a much quicker way to sterilize than boiling and the whole process. 6 minutes and everything is 99.9% germ free and safe for your little one.
- Cleaning it is very simple. In fact, the recipe using 8 parts water and 2 parts vinegar is mentioned on the pack for the sterilizer itself.
- You can sterilize a load for the next day and leave them in – they stay sterilized for up to 24 hours after washing.
- Since there are no chemicals involved in the cleaning – as with a dishwasher – the longevity of the bottles and your baby’s health aren’t compromised.
Now if this is the one that you also want to go for – then go ahead and order it now and grab it for the current price – which is actually a discounted amount!
As you saw from the comparative table – the first one had no dryer option. But if you would like to have a sterilizer with a dryer – check out this next option:
Best Electric Sterilizer and Dryer Combo
Wabi baby electric stream sterilizer does have a higher price – because this sterilizer also comes with a very useful bottle dryer feature. But its higher price is justified by several other factors as well:
- Firstly, there is the bottle dryer option – this ensures that there is no residual water that you need to wipe off to prevent marks on the bottles as they dry. It also eliminates the need to separately air dry.
- Secondly, this is actually a larger sterilizer, and irrespective of make fits 8 bottles at a go. So in case you have twins, you can get one and sterilize 4 bottles at a time for each baby.
- Thirdly, it has a special basket for pacifiers, nipples and other odds and ends that you can sterilize along with the bottles and at the same time.
And that’s not all – from when you load all the stuff into the sterilizer, just give it one hour – and all the stuff in it will be cleaned, sterilized, deodorized and of course dried! That’s a great unit to have in the house – particularly when you regularly need up to 8 bottles a day.
As for why customers have given it a high enough rating for it to show up in our search:
- For mums who are tired of drying the bottles after sterilizing them, this is the best option – it greatly reduces the load on you!
- A particular parent was even using it to sterilize and dry her children’s nebulizers in!
- For humid climates, bottle drying is really tough – usually there is a good chance of them getting contaminated again if left out to air dry. In such circumstances this sterilizer is the best option.
Over all, this is also a great item and a must for certain people and certain climates and we recommend it as the best baby bottle sterilizer with dryer. So if you have the budget – then go ahead and order it. And if you just wanted to look through the reviews again before deciding, click here.
And now we have 2 more baby bottle sterilizers that can fall in the budget category, though none will dry your bottles for you.
Best Electric Sterilizer
Made of plastic, this sterilizer is also a budget friendly option. The plastic used is phthalate as well as BPA free so you can be assured that it will not compromise your baby’s health.
Being very easy to use, you just need to load everything into the sterilizer, pour in the adequate amount of water, close the lid and press a button to turn it on. And thereafter, in just about 5 minutes, the bottles will be completely sterilized and clean.
Another aspect of the design is that you can actually use the lid upside down as a space to prep the bottles before placing them inside.
But as you know, attributes aren’t the only thing to consider. The real test is in the reviews left by customers. After all they are the ones who tried and tested it themselves:
- It can be used with any bottles, not just the Tommee Tippee ones.
- It sterilizes pretty well and quickly.
- Also it seems to work well for long periods of time – so you needn’t think about replacing it anytime soon.
- Some people actually got a Tommee Tippee bottle with it as a free bonus – if you are lucky, so may you!
Now, if you actually want to give this a shot then go check out the details at Amazon. For parents working with a tight budget, we particularly recommend this one since it works pretty well, and costs the least. And that is without the discount that Amazon is offering!
Best Microwave Sterilizer
Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is a compact and lightweight sterilizer with heavyweight benefits to new parents. It helps to kill 99.9 percent of common bacteria in just a couple of minutes. Equipped with heat-resistant handles and tongs, you can easily stuff bottles, breast pumps, pacifiers, tethers, toys and other baby-feeding accessories inside a microwave to get rid of disease-causing bacteria. Because it’s designed to be compact, it can fit to any standard microwave brands, too!
Here’s why many parents prefer this over many other brands:
- It’s large and can accommodate up to 4 feeding bottles.
- Spacious and quick to sterilize (2 minutes!)
- Cut precious time than having to boil a pot of water.
Best Budget Option
This one is another great sterilizer to have; it’s only con being the absence of a dryer. But then the price is also a lot more affordable!
Now, if you are looking into it, let’s see what are the highlights of this sterilizer:
- It works with bottles of all size and make – even glass bottles can be sterilized in this.
- The bottles go at the bottom, the nipples and bottle collars on top – so everything gets cleaned and sterilized properly.
- It is made of BPA free plastic – therefore no risk posed to your baby.
- Also it comes with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer.
From the attributes, this would seem like a good buy. But let’s just run it by the customer reviews, shall we?
- It really shortens the cleaning time, as you would expect from a bottle sterilizer.
- Unlike other sterilizers, this actually is versatile so far as bottle sizes that fit are concerned. In fact, there is also space enough for plates, spoons, pacifiers, etc. with the bottles!
- It makes no noise when in action – something many parents appreciate.
- The double decker shelves keep things organized and they are also super easy to remove, load and then put back in the sterilizer.
If you are thinking economical and worth its price – this one is a great bargain! So do consider it. And also remember that currently Amazon is offering an almost 50% discount – and you should aim to get that!
Best UV Sterilizer and Dryer Combo
Tech-savvy parents will adore the Wabi Baby Touch Panel Dual Function UV Sterilizer & Dryer. Designed with state-of-the-art low temperature technology equipped with precision PTC heating element and scientifically efficient dual UV lamps for drying and sterilization, this item guarantee elimination of 99.9 percent of disease-causing microorganisms. It can accommodate baby feeding bottles, pacifiers, breast pumps, teethers, toys, and other feeding gear. It may even be used to dry and sterilize jewelry, electronic devices, and other household items.
No wonder parents stood by the Wabi Baby Touch Panel Dual Function UV Sterilizer & Dryer:
- Aesthetically pleasing and technologically advances
- Huge storage space , can even store breast pumps along with bottles
- Drying function can be set to 3 different times depending on how wet the items are.
Best Portable Sterilizer for Travel
Designed for both home use and for travel, the Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer is another brand that offers quick yet effective germ-eradication system to ensure baby’s health and safety. This microwave steam sterilizer can get rid at most 99.9 percent of disease-causing bacteria at around 2 minutes and can keep enclosed contents to be sterilized up to 24 hours. Lightweight and can fit on any standard microwaves, it’s a perfect home and travel companion to ensure hygiene and health of baby.
- Best bang for one’s buck and gets the job done in less time.
- Can also accommodate other baby feeding bottles, nipple shields, pacifiers, breast pumps even with its portable size.
- Easy to use and quick to sterilize.
Best Steam Bag for Sterilization
Another excellent pick for on-the-go sterilization is the Medela Quick Clean Micro Steam Bags. Easy to stash in baby’s diaper bag, it can be used on any type of microwaves without any hitch. Simply place baby feeding gear, breast pump, pacifier or toy into the re-sealable bag, snap it close then, place inside a microwave to steam clean and voila! Your baby can now enjoy clean feeding in just a matter of 3 minutes. This is great when on a vacation and staying in a hotel. No bulky stuff to bring around.
- Excellent for travel, work and end of day cleaning.
- Convenient in sanitizing baby feeding gear and baby things when on the go.
- Bags can be repeatedly used up to 20 times!
What to look for in Electric Bottle Sterilizers
As the title implies, electric bottle sterilizers are virtually powered by electricity. Its main germ-killing system relies on heat from steaming. Here, bottles are pre-washed with soap and tap water. These are then, arranged inside a mini-chamber filled with a specific amount of water (usually 1 cup), plugged into an electric outlet and voila! A single touch of the button will heat the water inside producing hot steam that eliminates disease causing microorganisms. Definitely, no need to add any chemical formula! For best results, allow steaming to last for approximately 10 minutes.
Most brands today offer drying, storage and deodorizing mechanisms for a fully functional and convenient germ-killing sterilizer. Electric bottle sterilizers come in various designs and size. Some can even accommodate up to 10 bottles. Other brands also have programmable mechanisms allowing sterilization to continue even while you and the baby rest, and automatically stops at a designated time. By far, it’s one of the simplest to use—place bottles inside chamber, plug in, press start button, and grab one for use later on.
- convenient and easy to use
- quick and effective sterilization
- only needs water for hot steaming mechanism
- no added chemical
- multi-functional—sterilize, dry and deodorize
- provide safe storage for feeding materials
- some can be programmed
- can be bulky
- relies on electricity
- more expensive type
What to look for in Microwave Bottle Sterilizer
GMicrowave bottle sterilizers work in the same way as electric types, only it requires another piece of equipment—a microwave. It still kills approximately 99.9% germs and microbes via hot steam without using any chemicals, only it must be placed inside a microwave. Lightweight and compact, microwave sterilizers make it easier to tag along when out and about on holidays or visiting family.
To use, simply place pre-washed feeding bottles, teats removed, and other feeding materials into the chamber. Add a cup (check manual for specific brands) of water, fasten the airtight lid and lodge in the microwave. Carefully double check the manufacturer’s instruction usually included in the package. Some brands specify certain temperature and time for steaming. Often, it will take at least 5 minutes for hot steam to kick in.
Popular brands are known to be affordable and fit most microwave models in the market. When planning to buy online, it is imperative that you double check the microwave used in your home vis-à-vis compatibility chart on a desired brand to guarantee fit. In some cases, microwave sterilizers can also double as “cold water” sterilizers by simply placing sterilizing tablets or liquid to clean baby feeding stuffs, giving you another option in the event of a blackout. Keep in mind though that metallic items cannot be sterilized using this one.
- fast sterilization via hot steam
- kills 99.9% harmful microbes
- convenient and portable
- fits most microwave models
- can double as cold water sterilizer
- requires a microwave
- no automatic drying mechanism
- can’t sterilize metallic item.
What to look for in UV Bottle Sterilizer
The newly proclaimed queen of baby bottle sterilization, UV portable sterilizers are sweeping the world of new moms. Powered by the same smart LED technology used in hospital and aqua garden sterilization, this baby bottle sterilizer makes use of powerful UV light to eliminate approximately 99.9 percent of harmful disease-causing bacteria and viruses, including antibiotics- and chemical- resistant microorganisms.
A breakthrough in complete sterilization, this handy and rechargeable UV LED-powered sterilizer eliminates germs including salmonella, E. coli, staph, listeria, and even deadly MRSA in a matter of seconds. Lightweight and portable, most brands in the market today can fit in a purse or a diaper bag making it a perfect ally for new moms wherever, whenever. The perfect sterilizer when on-the-go!
UV portable sterilizers are powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries which can last for a week. It can be charged using micro-USB cable making it easier to use even when travelling. Most brands can fit 1 to 2 feeding bottles and works with just a touch of the button. When babies are past their toddler years, these UV portable sterilizers can also disinfect contact lenses, mouth guards, retainers and dentures, remote controls, toothbrushes, combs and brushes, mobile phones, keys and holders, headphones, earbuds, thermometers, miniature toys, kitchen utensils, CPAP masks, nebulizing kit, and other everyday things where germ easily resides. Some smart brands can even sterilize water.
- powerful UV LED killing action
- kills 99.9% of germs including antibiotic-resistant MRSA
- lightweight and portable (fits in a diaper bag)
- easy to use
- can be used when on the go
- rechargeable long-life battery
- one-touch operation
- versatile; can sterilize anything that fits
- can sterilize water
- bigger feeding bottles won’t fit in the sterilizing chamber
- can take longer to sterilize
Do I have to use a sterilizer?
Using of sterilizers is purely of personal preference. If you prefer sweating out in a boiling saucepan-styled to sterilize baby bottles, teats, caps, and utensils used for feeding then, by all means do so. But if you want to make life easier and more convenient, these budget-friendly time-saving bottle sterilizers are the way to go.
Think about eliminating 99.9% of disease-causing bacteria and viruses off your precious babe’s stuff—with nothing but water or UV LED light. Unlike old-school sterilization wherein you need to boil a sauce pan of water and risk deforming water bottles or melting teats, pacifiers and feeding utensils or even breastfeeding stuffs like breast pumps, shells and nipple shield. With sterilizers, you need not worry of added chemicals or deformations anymore. In just a matter of minutes, you can have germ-free things for baby to latch on.
When picking one, however, carefully consider the following—volume and size of bottles and baby stuffs to be sterilized, added mechanisms you wanted (like self-drying, deodorizing, etc.), your budget, and lifestyle. Sometimes, having one or all three types of baby bottle sterilizers can spell a lot of difference
How long do baby bottles stay sterilized?
It all depends on the method of sterilization. Sterilizing via microwaving can only take a minute or two to sterilize and can remain free from disease-causing microorganisms for at most 3 hours while enclosed in the sterilizer. Electric steam sterilization allows up to 6 hours with an enclosed sterilizer. Cold water sterilizing, on the other hand, allows up to 24 hours while baby feeding gear remains soaked in the solution.
Can you sterilize breast pump parts in bottle sterilizer?
Yes. Breast pumps and part as well as pacifiers, feeding bottle nipples, teethers, small toys, and other baby feeding gear can be sterilized in the same sterilizer unit for the bottles. The idea is to wash these items beforehand before stuffing them into the sterilizer.