As you near the end of your maternity leave, suddenly the need for switching your baby to bottles arises. Since you cannot be there physically, your baby needs to get his or her milk from a bottle. Even if you use a breast pump and continue to bring the breast milk home, be prepared for some problems. Why, you say? Primarily because the feel of ordinary bottles is very different from the feel of your breast – and your baby may not take to this. However, with the help of some of the best bottles for breastfeeding moms, you can actually manage this.
However, keep in mind that the bottle can only mimic the real feel – and therefore, your baby will need some getting used to. Often what mothers are advised to do by lactation experts is to start transitioning your baby to bottles slowly, a few weeks before you will actually make the switch completely. And while this takes some perseverance and practice – these bottles can actually make the task easier for you!
|Product||Product name||Anti-colic valve||BPA free||Price|
|Mimijumi Breastfeeding Baby Bottle, 2 Pack||Yes||Yes||$XX|
|Philips AVENT Natural Polypropylene Bottle, Clear, 9 Ounce, 4 Pack||Yes||Yes||$XX|
|Dr. Brown's BPA Natural Flow Bottle Newborn Feeding Set, 1 Pack||Yes||Yes||$XX|
Now, the reason for narrowing it down to these three is that these most closely mimic the motion and the flow of milk. And also to a very large extent, the feel. In fact, you can check these out in detail now before you actually decide:
#1: Mimijumi Breastfeeding Baby Bottle, 2 Pack
So, it also provides the advantage of breastfeeding. And finally, the design is such that assembling it one-handed while you carry your baby is also quite easy.
And now to just take a look at some opinions from customers:
- The first thing to mention here is that at the moment all the reviews for the product are 5 star ones!
- All the people who left reviews said that these worked wonders with babies who were normally refusing to take to bottles.
- In fact, in one case, the parents had tried 15 different bottles before finding success with this one.
- These bottles also allow the baby to control the flow – much like breast milk.
But yes, while this worked for most moms, it is also the most expensive bottle here. And in case you are looking for something a little more economical, consider this:
#2: Philips AVENT Natural Polypropylene Bottle, Clear, 9 Ounce, 4 Pack
- These come with special twin valves that make anti-colic feeding very easy.
- The nipple is also highly flexible – giving babies the breastfeeding feel.
And as for the reviews, let’s check out a few samples:
- The new and improved design prevents nipple collapse under vacuum – making these long lasting.
- These bottles can also be directly pumped into.
- These bottles are easy to hold when feeding.
- The baby tends to transit well between breast and these bottles.
- And of course, you get 4 bottles for a great price!
And finally we have these bottles that are actually the cheapest.
#3: Dr. Brown's BPA Natural Flow Bottle Newborn Feeding Set
Over all, these bottles are also pretty good. And you should check out the reviews for the rest of the details:
- Most babies took to this with ease.
- These come with size 1, newborn nipples in addition to the size 2 ones in the package.
- Since the milk flows slower, your baby is able to realize he’s full sooner than with other bottles.
- Since there are no leaks and clean up is easy, most parents gave it a very good rating.
So, finding the best bottles for breastfeeding moms isn’t all that difficult a job. But then, do be prepared to try out more than one. Every baby is different, and a bottle that may work for some babies, may not work for yours. So, start at least a few weeks before you want to make the complete switch – and give your baby some time!